Monday, February 28, 2005

Update on forgiveness post

Mike from Eternal Perspectives offers a valid reminder regarding today's post on forgiveness. Christians, he notes, don't have the market cornered in that department:
Personally, I have often experienced forgiveness from non-Christians who had every right to be upset with me. But sometimes they have a greater awareness of their own flaws than do Christians, and are thus more apt to forgive a transgression.

We need to guard against an attitude that says we're better than and capable of more than non-Christians. It is not the sort of humility I believe God desires in us.
Good point. Christians, I think, should have a deeper-than-ordinary appreciation for forgiveness that arises from knowing God has forgiven us. But let's remember: that knowledge arises because we need forgiveness as much as anyone else.

4 Comments:

Blogger Victor Antonio a.k.a. Soldado De Oracion said...

Great post. Funny, Michael Finnegan's latest post also has a lot to do with transparency and forgiveness. You might want to check it out.

2:22 PM, February 28, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks. I'll check it out.

2:57 PM, February 28, 2005  
Blogger John Schroeder said...

I think this topic worthy of a great deal of discussion. Forgiveness is so misunderstood, so misapplied, and so many awful conclusions drawn based upon those misundertandings and misapplications, that I sometimes fear to discuss it.
I "amened" your posts here

10:24 AM, March 01, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, John. I appreciate your thoughtful interaction with my posts. Peace.

12:21 PM, March 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home