Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Weak spot of the blogosphere

Thanks to SmartChristian for pointing me to a new blog, Together for the Gospel, by a few writers you may have already heard of. One of the blogging team, Mark Dever, expresses well one of the weak spots of the blogging community:
One reason that I've been reluctant to enter the blogosphere is that I am concerned that blog-writing and reading only adds to a bad tendency that we today already have--a fascination with the newest, latest, and most recent. And the newest and latest also often means that which is of only immediate value, that which is passing. That is opposed to that which is enduring, and which has in fact endured and lasted. We write words here which crawl along electronically and leap out through your fingers and eyes to take precious minutes and hours that the Lord has entrusted to us. Could these small things we write really be that important?
Good question, and good points. I for one can't say that what I write is of any particular value. That's why I try to spend some time each day linking to writings that are!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yup... I hope none of my manuscripts is one of those weak spots... or are they? :)

ei Sir Milton... you may just want to link your blog to trxsantiago.blogspot.com instead of having both legere sapere and life in entertainment..

Keep it up
God Bless :)

8:24 PM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Cool. I like it, and I'll be linking to it today. Peace.

4:52 AM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home