Thursday, March 22, 2007

Fragile truth, slippery world

At don't call me veronica, Tony Myles shares his struggles with preaching faithfully:
Here's the tension...
  • Because I love God I desire to put out the perfect message every week and hope the final product pleases Him.
  • Because God loves me I recognize I will put out an imperfect message every week and He will be pleased simply by my faithfulness.
How do we deal with the tension? Simply put, we can't wait till our service is perfect before serving the Lord. Sometimes we have to be willing to fall--and trust that our God will catch us when we do.

2 Comments:

Blogger tonymyles said...

Still failing every week...

still putting them out there.

1:18 AM, August 23, 2007  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Glad to hear it. Peace.

7:30 AM, August 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home