Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Growing into childhood

Dan Edelen has a gift for putting discipleship into words. Consider:
I won’t hold myself up as the pinnacle of Christian practice by any means, but the older I get, the more I see God restoring the wonder in my life. Something about maturity in Christ recaptures our childlikeness, that winsome inner spectacle that never ceases to amaze us who are His dwelling place. Anything is possible! What can He not do? If we’re not tracking with that kind of “inverted maturity,” we instead turn into grizzled and bitter veterans of the spiritual war. I see far too many people on the path to that cold, hard anti-faith. God help them!

For the Christian, every day becomes that day when the world was new. If we’re living consecrated, abandoned lives. If we died at the cross.
Exactly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand. It's a noble undertaking.

Milton

12:18 PM, April 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home