Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Legalism and obedience

Eric Jones shares thoughts on obedience and legalism:
We cannot go around telling someone they are being legalistic unless we truly know their heart. Instead, what I would encourage is that we all daily examine our own hearts and make sure they are pure, circumcised, and repentant.

Do you cry out, like David did, “create in me a clean heart O God. Renew a right spirit within me.” Is this your prayer? Is this your deepest desire? Are you willing to allow this to happen? You will have to give up yourself for this to happen. The focus must change from self to God. Do you know what that is to turn from a self focus to a God focus? It is repentance. It is exchanging your desires and the things of this world for a life lived solely for God.
Amen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric Jones said...

Milton,

Thanks for the link to www.TransformedDaily.com. I appreciate your work, your love for truth, and the valuable posts on your site.

12:20 PM, July 27, 2007  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Likewise on T.D. Peace.

1:59 PM, July 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir which audience were you speaking to, the unbelievers or believers or both. Cedric Scott

6:10 PM, August 20, 2012  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks for asking, but I don't really know how to answer. I'm simply passing on what Mr. Jones wrote, and I don't know which audience he intended to address. It's been so long since I posted this excerpt that I don't remember what I had in mind at the time, either.

9:59 AM, September 05, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home