Sunday, July 15, 2007

More than an outline

The outline of a message is often compared to the skeleton in the body. The most transformational and life changing encounters with a person are never focused on their skeleton. I stayed awake through an anatomy lecture as I learned the difference between a clavicle and a scapula, but my life was forever transformed by meeting the beautiful lady who would become my wife. Her beauty required the presence of a skeleton, but my heart was captured and my life transformed by the smile, the character, the life, but not the lower mandible’s connection to the cranium. As we preach the Word of God, may the goal be the transforming life and beauty of His Word, rather than an unnecessary display of the skeleton of our thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home