Sunday, December 02, 2007

"Not about me"

The school basketball season is underway and so I have spent the day in various gymnasiums around the city watching my two youngest sons playing basketball. As I was watching one of the high school teams go through their warm ups I noticed that instead of having their surnames on their warm up shirts they had written across their backs 'Its Not About Me." That, I thought to myself, is an excellent slogan! 'Its not about me' should be written on the backs of a lot of Christians I know, and maybe not on their backs but on their foreheads, so they would be reminded of it every time they look in the mirror. In that case, it might remind us all that like John the Baptist we are to decrease while Jesus is to increase in importance and significance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home