Friday, December 21, 2007

What lessons?

Dan Edelen has concluded that God may not always expect Christians to come to a conclusion on the lessons behind trials and turmoils:
Truthfully, “You’ve got me” is what comes out of most of the trials I’ve faced in life. If you had to rank my ability to discern lessons and their spiritual import, I’d have to say that Balaam’s ass ranks about a hundred times higher on that chart than yours truly.

It just may be that I’m a thicker brick than some folks, but I gotta say that whatever lessons I’m supposed to be learning, especially amid trials, they don’t vary much off the same old lesson I learned a long, long time ago: Repent and have faith in God.
Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger dle said...

Some people didn't like this post much. Glad you did, Milton.

Hope your Christmas was a blessed one.

Peace.

8:41 PM, December 25, 2007  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Dare I say. . . I don't know why they wouldn't!

8:25 PM, December 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home