Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fourth year

Transforming Sermons began three years ago today. I began this blog "for preachers who want to preach transforming sermons and other Christians who want to experience them." We'll be celebrating three years of blogging by looking at weblogs that consistently provide resources for furthering the mission of this blog: hearts transformed into the image of Jesus Christ.

The lists will not be exhaustive. Other blog writers, for example, put forth brilliant ideas well stated on those rare occasions when they manage to post. But I've limited these lists to those currently posting consistently. Some of my best friends and personally favorite blogs are also not on these lists. Maybe I compartmentalize too much. At times I think I stick so ruthlessly to the fairly narrow mission of TS that I'm disloyal to blog friends. To those of you whose blogs may not be on one of these lists (and you'll know who you are), please know that I love you and appreciate your work, too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Darryl said...

Thanks for your continued good work!

8:50 AM, January 15, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're welcome. And thank you for your work at Theocentric Preaching. Peace.

10:18 AM, January 15, 2008  
Blogger John said...

Congratulations Milton, and may there be many more years of great blogs.

Be encouraged.
GBYAY

3:59 PM, January 15, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, John, for being such a fine and consistent encourager. Peace.

4:23 PM, January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I found out that an old classmate of mine was a preacher I started to read his blog and stubbled upon yours in the process. Now, everyday, I read the news...become very depressed...and then I read your posts and I am uplifed again in realizing that God really is in control and planning something wonderful for his people. That you for your work, encouragement in the word and insight...and also for reading all those other blogs to keep the rest of us informed. It is amazing how God reaches through you to my heart everyday. God Bless!!! (and to many more years of blogging)

10:31 AM, January 16, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kirstin. It brightens my day to hear that the ideas at this site uplift your heart. Peace.

12:19 PM, January 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home