Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Savior, not CEO

Jesus the leader endangers our view of Jesus the savior. Frankly, Jesus the leader is less threatening. He’s an organizational director that would fit in wearing business casual and sitting in a conference room. I believe wholeheartedly that Jesus wants to control how I behave, think, and lead in when I’m in the conference room, but I don’t have much confidence in Jesus as the teacher of strategic leadership lessons.

I’d like to get back to Jesus the savior, the one who sends the Holy Spirit to lead us. I’d like to bring the Jesus-as-leader genre of books along with me. I have a number of such books on my shelf right now. Several of them misrepresent Jesus the Messiah as Jesus the executive director; the others more or less get him right.
- Chris Blumhofer

Update: Related thoughts here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home