Friday, August 01, 2008

Best free Bible browser

The more I look at what free material is available online for Bible study and sermon preparation, the more I appreciate my favorite Bible browser. The Sword Project is not only the most low-flash, high-yield browser available for download, it's also the only major browser that doesn't charge for any of its modules. The current software for Windows is about a 6 MB download (less than 2 MB for Linux), and there are quite a number of add-on modules including commentaries, dictionaries/lexica, and Bible versions in 51 different languages. If you haven't tried The Sword Project, I recommend you do.

Disclosure: The only association I have with The Sword Project is as a grateful and satisfied user. Transforming Sermons is a completely non-commercial site dedicated to sharing links to other non-commercial resources available free online.

2 Comments:

Blogger pruittcommunications said...

As you may know Milton, I too am a user of Sword. I heartily endorse it as well.

8:52 AM, August 02, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

For some reason I thought you were an e-Sword user. Glad to hear you're using the better of the two Swords! Peace.

6:33 PM, August 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home