Monday, November 09, 2009

Not twittering

I'm glad to see someone else feels the same way: Skye Jethani gives a number of reasons why he doesn't tweet. Here's sample:
SIX

I don’t need another commitment in my life. To quote Bilbo Baggins, I fee like “too little butter spread over too much bread.” I already check email, Facebook, SkyeBox, Out of Ur, voicemail, snail mail, and a number of other websites with obsessive regularity. Frankly, I don’t want another one filling my mind or time.

SEVEN

I’m tired of obeying marketers. No offense to those in the marketing profession, but I’d like to know when we collectively decided to make marketers the high priests of our culture? We listen to them like prophets and obey their instructions like slaves. Every marketer seems to be singing the praises of Twitter and social media. I’m sure they have a legitimate point, but if I did everything a marketer told me…well, it would be a sad existence.
Mr. Jethani's final reason, by the way, is the best of all. And thanks to David Fitch for the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home