Thursday, March 11, 2010

Of vine and branches

New life in Christ, writes Victoria Gaines, frees us from the frustration of spiritual self-improvement:
Old things have passed away, y'all. Would Jesus die for us, only to abandon us in a struggle to decrease or improve self in our own strength? Self can't be improved... Jesus didn't die to improve mankind. He saved us from our sickness and sin by transplanting NEW life into us. I love this, because it means I don't have to patch myself up anymore - just let His life generate in me.
Amen. Vicki is one of the best bloggers around for reminding Christians that we already are new creations in Christ, and I'm grateful for her work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous My Remote Assistant said...

WOW! I love that scripture

11:33 AM, March 11, 2010  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Really? I have to wonder, with a name like MRA, if this is just comment spam. So...do you really love it?

5:46 PM, March 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home