Tuesday, January 11, 2011

'Yea, folks, we back again'

After a couple of months off, I'm rested and ready to go here at the blog. Is anyone reading? Thanks for reading.

P.S.: This is wildy off-topic, but how good is your pop culture trivia? Anyone who can identify which '60s song features the lyrics in the title of this post wins a free paperback copy of Jeff Weddle's book, The Gospel-Filled Wallet.

P.P.S.: This one takes some real trivia knowledge; I doubt you'll find the answer with an easy Google search. Please leave your guesses in the comments section. The answer will follow soon.

Update: The line is from Taj Mahal's song, "Bacon Fat," from the 1968 1969 album, Giant Step. The line comes at a rather memorable section of the song, but as far as I know it's not included in any online lyrics.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bob Spencer said...

Welcome back, Milton!

5:33 PM, January 11, 2011  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, brother. It's good to be back.

5:38 PM, January 11, 2011  
Blogger Doug Floyd said...

Don't know the song, but glad to see you back!!

6:13 PM, January 11, 2011  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, Blogfather!

6:58 PM, January 11, 2011  
Blogger dle said...

Milton,

I think we both checked out at about the same time. I had to take a break too.

Glad to see you're back. Apologies for not being more connected.

8:16 PM, January 11, 2011  
Blogger Royce Ogle said...

Glad you are back at the keyboard Milton. You have been missed.

Take care,
Royce

8:21 PM, January 11, 2011  
Anonymous Frank said...

What is this...I decide to go back to blogging and you do the next day. God is moving online my friend. Welcome back

9:49 PM, January 11, 2011  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Dan, Royce, and Frank: Thanks for coming back; each one of you is special to me. In fact, the comments on this page are from some of my very best blogging friends.

Frank, I visited your blog yesterday but don't have an account to make comments, but I'm glad you're back at it (and you too, Dan).

10:21 PM, January 11, 2011  
Anonymous jeff weddle said...

Glad to see it's official! I don't know the lyric but I've already read the book, it is quite good.

7:46 AM, January 12, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home