Monday, June 02, 2014

Third way in gospel preaching

Peter Mead looks at the different ways preachers approach the gospel and asks a question:
Do you preach a pressure message that constantly urges people to do the work of growth?  Do you preach a momentum message that simply looks back to the wonder of their identity change at conversion – a message proclaiming what God has done in Christ that does stir gratitude and does stir life change and doesn’t promote sinfulness, but, maybe, does still lack something?
Yes, I have, and yes, I have. And the third way Peter offers is spot-on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Peter Mead said...

Thanks Milton, I really appreciate this encouraging link. Bless you brother.

2:06 AM, June 03, 2014  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, Peter. I don't read as many blogs as I used to, but yours is one of the ones at the top of my list. Your "third way" post, in fact, helped me quite a bit with my sermon this past Sunday morning.

9:07 AM, June 03, 2014  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Bro. Finnell,

I'm not sure your comment is entirely relevant to the topic at hand of my or Mr. Mead's posts, but your point is still well taken, and I agree with what you write here.

In case you hadn't noticed, you might want to check in the future to be sure you're distributing your blog address correctly. In the link you provided at the bottom of your comment, the : and // are in reverse order with what actually works in a browser.

Thanks for visiting and for letting me know about your blog. I pray the Lord will bless and enrich your keyboard evangelism, and I hope you visit here again soon.

Peace,

Milton Stanley

7:39 AM, June 19, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home