Thursday, March 17, 2005

Whatever you do, do it good

Once I figured out what Charles Wright was saying in "Express Yourself," I wanted to share it with you:
Whatever you do, do it good.

It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing;
It's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing.
Does that remind you of anything?
Doing your work readily, as to the Lord, and not to men: In the knowledge that for every good thing anyone does, he will have his reward from the Lord, If he is a servant or if he is free. - Eph. 6:7,8
Update-- Rick Hill has reminded me of an even better passage:
Whatever your task, work heartily, as serving the Lord and not men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward; you are serving the Lord Christ - Col. 3:23, 24.
Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Milton,
This really hits home with me today, with the struggles I have been having. This passage of scripture is exactly, what I needed to hear and study. As the bible says in
Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord--you serve the Lord Christ.
Whatever you (we) do, do it enthusiastically for the Lord and not for MEN, and that is where I have been where I have been getting caught up. I have been getting thinking that I need man’s approval, when I knew all along that I needed to serve the Lord whole heartedly not man and “…will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord--you serve the Lord Christ.”
In Him,
Rick

11:50 AM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, Rick. That's really the verse I was looking for. I'll update the main post as soon as I can access my editing page--problems with Blogger.

1:03 PM, March 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home