Saturday, January 29, 2005

Our dreams and God's dreams

Debra at As I See It Now has some encouraging meditations on dreams.

From experience, I've noticed that my own self-made-up dreams are always too safe. Too quiet. My own dreams require little risk--practically none, in fact. I can carry them out whether God shows up or not.

But God's dreams for me... Oh my. They have always required that I step out of the boat in deep seas and then, yes, walk on water.

Debra's writing is a beautiful exploration of the heart --- darkness, redemption, and the quiet confidence of a long-in-coming miracle of peace. Her blog is worth a visit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

Thanks so much, Milton, for your comments here and at my blog! I really appreciate your words and I'll be visiting here again at your blog--you've recorded some really great thoughts. God bless... Debra

4:43 PM, January 29, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, Debra. Hope you find something worthwhile here. Peace.

5:32 PM, January 29, 2005  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, what a great post...and a great link. I'm definitely adding both your blog and As I See It Now to my favorites!

-Sarah

1:26 PM, February 02, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, Sarah. I went to your page--loved the header, but use Mozilla (IE keeps crashing) so wasn't able to view the whole thing. Will try again if I ever get IE working. Peace.

1:22 AM, February 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home