Thursday, February 24, 2005

Strangers on our own home planet

Debra at As I See It Now shares her meditations on being a stranger on her own home planet--a planet where everything, it seems, calls out to us to conform to its ways:
The world has intelligent-sounding advice and formulas. Yet, should I listen to the worldly of my planet tell me how to think? How to write? How to clean my house, or arrange my schedule to get more accomplished? How to reach my goals, make a sale or raise my daughter?

I don't want to come to the end of my days and have God tell me there was a whole different way to live upon this Earth--and I never found it. May I not discover too late that the way to live in this opposite world was to Listen.
After reading Debra's post, I'm reminded that after the roar and rumble of the world, God once spoke to Elijah in "a still, small voice" (1 Ki. 19:12ff).

2 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

Hi Milton... Thanks for mentioning my blog here again! I really appreciate that and too, I wanted to thank you for the email you sent me recently. It came at a really good time--thanks so much. God bless... Debra

11:52 AM, February 25, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

My pleasure, Debra. Thanks for visiting. Peace.

12:45 PM, February 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home