Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Review of Wallis's latest book

The Washington Post recently published a review of Jim Wallis's God's Politics. Evangelicals, particularly those of a politically conservative slant, would do well to consider Wallis's views on poverty and social justice. Whatever you may think of Wallis's politics, he is a powerful critic of the satanical influence of the world order. Wallis is a serious thinker with a capacity for framing world events in biblical perspective. I've found his work very helpful through the years in gaining a theologically fresh background for my preaching and teaching.

Update: Here's an interview with Wallace (thanks to SmartChristian for the link). Also, I now have the name of the book right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got a copy of Wallis' book. I tend to agree with you that it is difficult to dismiss many of his concerns.

4:12 PM, February 23, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Yes. Wallis's Agenda for Biblical People has been formational for my thinking about the world order.

7:45 PM, February 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home