Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Text and audio of "My King"

Mark Loughridge at 3:17 has posted the text and audio link to Dr. S.M. Lockridge's classic sermon, "My King." I was introduced to this sermon in a homiletics class, where Dr. Lockridge's words were coupled with a rapid-fire slide show that attempted to depict each image as Dr. Lockridge spoke it. I like the plain audio much better; it leaves the visual images to our own imaginations, encouraging us to be participants in, rather than consumers of, the Word.

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hi Milton,
I just listened to "My King" and it gave me shivers down my spine... it was excellent! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
God bless you and yours,
John

10:01 PM, February 15, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Glad you liked it, and thanks to Mark for posting it. Peace.

8:59 AM, February 16, 2005  
Blogger DIAMONDDOG said...

This is a never-ending truth and tis inspiring even a satanist will change. Blessed are those who follow him. AMEN

3:19 PM, September 26, 2012  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Diamonddog, thanks for your comments, and thanks for visiting.

9:20 AM, January 03, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home