Sunday, April 10, 2005

Still the cross

Last night I got to thinking that in all my postings here about transformation and deeper discipleship, I rarely mention the fundamentals of the gospel. That's why it was a joy to wake up this morning and read this post at Mr. Standfast. Bob has been focusing lately on the cross of Christ, and as his post today demonstrates, that emphasis is right on target:
The learning experience of the disciple is really just this--learning that the cross of Christ is never merely a memento, never simply a landmark event of the past. Instead, it towers over our present moment, eternally relevant, eternally sufficient. Blessed are the poor in spirit, even those that are "saved," for that shall remember that they are still in need of "being saved."
Amen. In my life, in my ministry, may I know nothing but Jesus Christ and him crucified.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob Spencer said...

Hi Milton. Thanks for your kind support. You're awesome!

7:58 AM, April 11, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, Bob, for keeping the focus on the cross. Peace.

3:19 PM, April 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home