Saturday, April 09, 2005

Rethinking our approach

Mike Russell explores one more lesson from Paul on divorce and remarriage in 1 Cor. 7--and is forced to rethink his entire approach to Christianity:
Once again Paul seems just a tad bit cavalier and incautious about the whole matter. This is not the Christianity I was trained in or led to believe was the spiritual way. Paul’s approach is casual. He doesn’t seem uptight or worried about offending God by eating meat offered to idols or holding the door open while an unbelieving spouse leaves.

I am faced with a choice: either my approach is right and Paul’s is wrong, or Paul is right and I’m missing something. This is not a difficult decision, but I’m not sure what I’m missing.
Mike's experience is a beautiful example of this truth: when approaching in faith, even the most experienced Bible expositors continue to be surprised and changed by studying the Word of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home