Monday, July 11, 2005

What good is communication if you hate each other?

Here's something I'd never thought of before. Kim at the Upward Call challenges the common idea that better communication can solve just about any relationship problem.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter how well we communicate, because the key to successful relationships is not always good communication skills. The key to good relationships is something that cannot be manufactured by our little pea brains. Good relationships come from love, pure and simple.

I enjoy being helped to see simple truths that have eluded me for years. Thanks, Kim.

6 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Milton, I love Kim's blog! Its like a serial blog! :)

GBYAY

1:27 AM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Kim said...

Thank you for this mention. I'm very flattered that you would repeat it here.

6:15 AM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a GREAT ONE!! Good reminder on the day after the 12th anniversary of my first date with my INCREDIBLE wife.

9:52 AM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're right, John. Kim's work is good stuff.

12:11 PM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

My pleasure, Kim. Thanks for the excellent work.

12:11 PM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

I'm glad to see you're still keeping track, Frank. Remember those little anniversaries and you probably won't have to be working on better communication! Peace.

12:12 PM, July 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home