Friday, July 01, 2005

A better song than "Me, Me, Me, Me"

Writing that helps us see the gospel in terms other than "me, me, me, me" is writing I welcome. That's why I was glad to see a post doing that at the bluefish project (HT: Blogotional). Thebluefish had this to say:
Very often we look at the gospel as being all about us. We focus upon our justification. Our benefits. Our standings. And to some degree that is all well and good. God's good news is greatly beneficial to us.

But, primarily the gospel concerns God. It is chiefly occupied with the great scandal of how a just God can spare any sinner. How can God allow sins to remain, apparently, unpunished. And the answer is found in the death of Jesus. Without that the one who justifies is unjust.
. . .

It's the greatest scandal in history. God is just and justifies sinners. It is the greatest good news in the world. And it is more relevant to your life than you could imagine.

Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home