Thursday, September 08, 2005

What about joy?

Dan Edelen writes about joy as an end in Christian discipleship:
I've heard many Christians say that the reason the Church in America is powerless is that too many Christians are satisfied with being saved and leave discipleship at that. We have a church geared to fire insurance only. But if this were the case, why the lack of Christians rejoicing that their names are written in heaven? Why so little talk of heaven at all? Does heaven hold no joy for us now?
It's a little ironic that Dan is saddened by the state of joy in the church, but he's right, I believe, on how defining that characteristic should be for Christians.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Hello, I'm glad i found your blog. I must come and read your blogs often. I also have a blogsite at http://www.da2lj.blogspot.com. Praise God!

4:10 AM, September 09, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

That's OK, Dan. Irony or not, you made a good point.

7:54 PM, September 09, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

The generic nature of your comment, Jerry, makes it look suspiciously like Christian blog spam, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for visiting, and I look forward to reading DA2FJ.

7:56 PM, September 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home