Monday, October 31, 2005

Refusing to play the Calvinism-Arminianism game

Graham at Anabaptist Blog has a refreshingly clear-headed post on the Calvinism-Arminianism debate. On the issue of perseverance of the saints, Graham tries to read the Scripture as it was intended, and in some cases he's willing to say that he doesn't know:

My ignorance does not stem from not having looked into this, or not having encountered this pastorally. My 'I don't know' stems from my conviction that that is the correct (biblical) answer. In that respect I refuse to play the Calvinist/Arminian game and must step aside to concentrate on persevering to the end and encouraging those under my care to do the same.

Well said, Graham.

2 Comments:

Blogger graham old said...

Thanks, Milton.

5:11 AM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're welcome, Graham. Thanks for the post.

7:15 PM, November 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home