Monday, March 13, 2006

Excursus: Stanley family update

Well, our sitter has just arrived, and Carolyn and I are about to leave for East Tennessee to make final preparations for moving my dad here with us. He's lived in the same house for 57 years and tells us he's simply too overwhelmed with all the things he and my mother collected through the years. He wants us to show him what to keep, what to sell, and what to simply throw away. That's our mission for the next five days. When we return, we'll begin working on adding a bedroom to our house.

After four nights on the job I'm really enjoying the work as an overnight grocery stocker at Wal-Mart. I thank our God for the work, for the money, and for the folks I'm working with. Maybe it's the prayers, but I've found myself amazingly upbeat in this new position. Thank you so much, those of you who have been offering special prayers for my family and me these past few days.

Thanks, too, for your prayers for our work with the church. Sunday we had a relatively large turnout for worship, and I felt strengthened in my preaching. God is at work in our congregation, and I pray we'll cooperate with him in that work.

I plan to take about a week-long break from posting. In the mean time, rejoice in the Lord. I started this blog as a way to encourage fellow Christians, especially preachers, to allow the Word of God to transform hearts. And yet I have been blessed by God through the prayers and encouragement of brothers and sisters in Christ, from Knoxville to Gold Coast and all points in between. To God alone be the glory.

14 Comments:

Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Danka und willkommen, Chris.

12:07 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is very encouraging to hear how God is strengthening you as you deal with great challenges. May God continue to bless you and your family.

3:22 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Pilgrim feet said...

Milton: Been a while and I've been busy, but I tuned in today and found what you had to say regarding your Dad, very encouraging. Thank you for being there for him. That's the way it should be. I'll be praying for you and yours, especially over the next few days.

3:36 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger John said...

Milton. its great to hear that prayers are being answered, its so encouraging, but we will continue to pray here, until everything has worked out for you and the family. Praise the wonderful Name of Jesus!

Be encouraged!
GBYAY

4:38 PM, March 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of Team Swap, and the collective churches that we represent, are praying for the Stanley clan. Keep up the great work and service for the Lord and know we are here.

7:15 AM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger shannon said...

Milton, I'll pray for you and your family as you adjust to this transition--bot the moving of your dad and the new job. Your attitude is wonderful, though I know how hard it can be to be a bi-vocational pastor. May God bless you as you minister at home and work!

12:43 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger russn said...

Milton,

Thanks for the update on your family and glad to hear that Wal-Mart has been good so far. Prayers from Wisconsin as you help your dad transition to his new home.

Keep us posted.

Russ

9:38 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, Jason.

3:25 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, TCC. Glad to hear from you again.

3:26 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you so much, John.

3:26 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks much, Frank. It was very uplifting to meet f-t-f with a couple of the Team Swap members this past week. Peace.

3:27 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, Shannon.

3:28 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, Russ.

3:28 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, MM for your generous and kind words.

1:34 PM, March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home