Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Please pray for Doug Floyd

Fellow East Tennessean and writer Doug Floyd, author of Floydville, introduced me to blogging almost two years ago. This morning he will be undergoing kidney transplant surgery. The donor is Izaak Standridge, a young man in Doug's church. Please pray that both Doug and Izaak will come through the surgeries safely and well. Doug's brother, Jeremy Floyd, is blogging about Doug's and Izaak's status.

Update: Doug and Izaak came through the surgeries and are doing well so far. Doug's new kidney began working as soon as it was attached. Thank you all for your prayers, and thanks be to God for his answers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

I will pray brother.

You asked if I wanted to be included in the Church of Christ Blog Aggregator, and if so to leave a message on your blog. Ok, I think that would be great. Sign me up. You are most kind.

Feel free to come around anytime. While I am here I invite you to get a copy of my new book with John Mark Hicks called "KINGDOM COME" which uses the lives of David Lipscomb and James Harding to inculcate apocalyptic spirituality. Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0976779064/qid=1150288800/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-0914687-6781637?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
Stoned-Campbell Disciple

7:44 AM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Bill Williams said...

Dear Father in heaven,

Please be with Milton's friend Doug Floyd. Also, watch over Izaak. Thank for the incredible spirit of sacrifice and love on the part of this young man. Please guide the hands of the surgeons and be with all who provide care for these two men before, during and after this surgery. Father, we also ask you bless the families of each of these men. Watch over them during this time. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray and amen.

8:33 AM, June 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not online much yesterday, so I missed the post, but I will be praying for a speedy recovery and God's hand to be moving in the situation. If you find out they need anything send me a email and we will load up the truck and head out to help. You know I mean that as well. They will be in our prayers.

9:39 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, Bobby, Bill, and Frank for your kind words and prayers for Doug. Peace.

12:35 PM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home