Monday, July 03, 2006

Preaching resource: The Text This Week

If, like me, you do a lot of expository preaching, you know the value of good commentary on a text. To help fellow preachers find helpful online resources for exposition, I'll be posting this week about the three best Internet resources I've found for studies on a particular text.

The Text This Week, edited by Jenee Woodard, is an invaluable resource for expository preaching (especially for those following a lectionary). In addition to resources on each week's lectionary passages, The Text This Week links to a well chosen collection of commentaries, exegetical notes, studies, and sermon notes indexed by scripture passage. It's one of the first places I go for information on preaching a given text. I suggest beginning with the Index by Scripture. The site's companion blog, textweek, has been dormant for several months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home