Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Expository why and how

Big Orange Truck makes the case for expository preaching:
Listen, I was a die-hard topical preacher. I was taught that expositional preaching was boring and impractical. In my circle of fundamentalists, expositional preachers were caricaturized as old, dusty, liberal theologians. Boy was I misled!

Then one day I learned that expositional sermons simply communicate the intent of a text. It asks the question, "what does this text really mean?"
And if reglerjoe convinces you to preach expositionally, Steve Weaver offers a six-part series to teach you how (HT: Unashamed Workman).

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautifully simple!

1:26 AM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Steve Weaver said...

Thanks for the link! I'm adding your site to my blogroll under "Preaching and Preachers".

10:10 AM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Glad you thought so, BF.

Thanks, Steve. You're on my blogroll now, too.

10:22 AM, January 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home