Thursday, March 08, 2007

Daring to see Jesus

Kent Brandenburg writes a toe-stepping article about the real Jesus. I found this part challenging:
I believe that most people don’t know who Jesus is. That is sad. He’s Wonderful. He is King of Kings, Mighty God, the Great I Am, and the Jehovah of the Old Testament. He is my Great Intercessor, my Lord, my Savior, the Good Shepherd, and the Great Physician. Every single day I pray for Him to set up His kingdom on this earth. I do yearn for His kingdom to come. And yet people do not know Him. I want to go one step further. I don’t think most Christians know Who He is.

Our culture has dumbed Jesus down so much that He is hardly recognizable. People in churches are a lot more comfortable with their idea of Jesus than the One in the Bible. When the real One gets presented, they’re often miffed or offended. Churches and their leaders have figured this out, so they water Jesus down for easier consumption. The One in the Bible is worthy of my life and love, but not this placebo.
I don't know about the rest of the world, but I've often thought that if Jesus were to preach at most churches in the United States today, he wouldn't be invited back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home