Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mongrel discipleship

The Web is a wonderful means for sharing insights into God's Word and discipleship. But a downside of blogging among Christians is that it does tend to deepen sectarian ruts. It's refreshing, therefore, to read Dan Edelen's insights into what he's learned from a number of different Christian denominations. Dan has wrtten a good essay, and I particularly like this observation:
If this makes me a “mongrel in the Faith,” then I’m a mongrel. In defense of mongrels, I’ll say this much: we aren’t prone to genetic diseases that afflict the purebreds, and we’re certainly not inbred to the point of weakness.
Amen. Good to see some Christians don't allow theological sectarianism to hide the truth. And the metaphor is certainly apt.

2 Comments:

Blogger dle said...

Milton,

Thanks for the link to my post at Cerulean Sanctum. I took a break from blogging and missed this, so sorry for the delayed thanks!

8:25 AM, November 27, 2007  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Not a problem, Dan. Glad you had some time off, and glad to see you back with the Red Black Friday posts. Peace.

8:44 AM, November 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home