Thursday, December 13, 2007

Deep down, you just don't know

Jared Wilson cautions against certain human-centered evangelistic appeals:
Christians, when discussing matters of faith and spirituality with unbelievers, I suggest you never tell them "Deep down you know this is true." I suggest you never push them to respond based on your appeals to their pride or defensive nature. That's a trick and it doesn't trust the Holy Spirit to awaken whom he will.

I personally will never say to an unbeliever "Deep down you know this is true" because I know that deep down they not only think the gospel can't be true, but deep down they hate it.
Amen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very true! It is a spirit of rebellion and the sadness of feeling that they are without that really drives the nonbeliever to doubt, deny and hate their creator. I thank God everyday that I was allowed to have my eyes opened to his pressence.

2:31 PM, December 13, 2007  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Amen and amen!

4:02 PM, December 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home