Thursday, January 17, 2008

The A-list: Fresh eyes

Reading hundreds of blog posts each week, two situations stand out: the high quality of insight and expression in much of those posts, and the sectarian assumptions that nevertheless underlie much of it. As one who tries to proclaim and practice what C.S. Lewis called "mere Christianity," I'm troubled to see the church divided along party lines of pet doctrines. At the same time, it's encouraging to find Christians struggling to rise above those petty divisions. Here are three brothers who refuse to blindly accept the prejudices of their own clans:

Blog in My Own Eye. Keith Brenton examines the assumptions our native tribe has taken for granted and strives to evaluate them in light of the Word.

Caught in the Middle. Paul Littleton has a deep respect for Scripture and Christian tradition (all of it, going back 2000 years), and most importantly to the Savior they proclaim.

Grace Digest
. Royce Ogle goes to the Word for answers on what it really takes to be become a Christian and live in the fullness of God's grace.

Many of the bloggers I admire strive to live Christ-centered, Word-guided lives, but these three men stand out for their efforts to view the Word with fresh eyes.

6 Comments:

Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Your ongoing grace toward my online journal continues to humble me. Thank you again.

One of these days, I'm going to begin the "Barnabas Awards" for folks who have been especially faithful in encouraging me.

8:53 PM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're quite welcome, Keith. And thank you for your work at BIMOE. Peace.

9:29 PM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

There's something weird happening at the Blogdigger site. For some reason or other, a couple of my fairly recent posts have been the only ones to update, and they each appear three times. It looks like I've hacked the site and set myself up as the sole poster!

(I haven't!)

7:15 AM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Hummm. I don't have a clue what's going on. The groups didn't update for a couple of weeks, and now they're acting funny.

2:18 PM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Royce Ogle said...

Bro' Milton,

I am humbled by your kindness. I sometimes wonder if my blogging is in vain and then I get an email from someone who has been encouraged to put their whole trust in Jesus alone, or a kindly mention such as yours and I continue...

May geat grace be upon you.

royce

3:54 PM, May 11, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks for saying so, Royce. Peace, brother.

8:52 AM, May 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home