Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Acool

At least one other preacher has looked in the mirror and come to the conclusion that he simply isn't cool:
It's tempting to want to fix this. I get a magazine for pastors. . . that is all about chasing what's cool and relevant. We scour magazines and books and attend conferences in pursuit of the cool factor. It doesn't work. People trying to be cool just aren't cool.

There's another group of people I find myself increasingly drawn towards. They don't even try to be cool, and they're not. The trends they follow are centuries old. They read old stuff by dead guys and talk about concepts from dusty theology books. The funny thing is that they end up being more relevant than the next new thing.
Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob Spencer said...

"Acool." Good word. I think I've got a bad case of it. I don't even like U2!

7:13 AM, March 12, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

I really like the allusion to U2. I suppose if I would cool, I would write lol! (or the latest cool phrase). Peace.

8:29 AM, March 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home