Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Gospel truth

Victoria Gaines has been posting some real gospel-centered work lately. Here, for example, is one of Vicki's recent posts, in toto:
The Lie: Salvation is *You* Giving Your Life to Jesus Christ

Nope, the title of this post isn't a misprint. Salvation is His Life coming in to us, not the giving of our life to Him. But I've heard this all my adult life. If you have time, listen to Steve McVey's short clip for clarification and feel free to share your responses. There are so many lies being taught by well-meaning preachers who don't understand the concept of grace. If interested, I'll post more.

May the Lord help us unlearn the lies, however subtle they may be, so that we will grow in His truth and knowledge, to understand this precious Life He has called us to. The Holy Spirit is faithful to illuminate our understanding as we come to His Word in confession of need and a worshipful heart.
Good stuff. I recommend reading more of Vicki's work at her blog, Windows to My Soul.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Thanks, Milton. There's nothing like His grace!

8:46 PM, April 09, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Amen! Thanks for the post and for letting me paste the whole thing here. I pray that you'll keep up the good, Christ-centered blogging--and be refreshed in the process. Peace.

6:45 AM, April 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home