Friday, March 06, 2009

Christian radio without Christ?

Brant Hanson without a doubt has one of the most gifted comedic voices among Christian writers in North America. But his recent blog post, "Can Jesus and Christian Radio Co-Exist," raises some very un-funny questions:
Dan Kimball wrote this book They Like Jesus But Not the Church. Or something like that. It's a great book.

I mean, I suspect it is. I haven't read it. I don't think I need to. I get it: People outside the church think Christians are judgmental, simplistic, etc. etc. Got it. But Jesus? He's challenging, revolutionary, fascinating, insightful, mind-blowing, mysterious.

After working in both mainstream and Christian radio, I think I'm ready to write my own book about the many I encounter: They Like Church But Not Jesus.

I mean it. I wrote before: Based on my observation, Jesus is simply not the most influential guy around. I've seen it over, and over, and over. In fact, I'd say it's a theme at my job: People just aren't that into Jesus. He ticks people off.
I strongly recommend you read Brant's whole article--and even more strongly that you pray for Brant.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok.

7:16 PM, March 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home