Thursday, April 02, 2009

Seeing, needing, receiving

Victoria Gaines shares her joy in reading Paul's letter to the Ephesians:
I notice this while reading, again, the first three chapters of Ephesians. The Apostle Paul is not asking us to do anything. He simply declares all that is true for us in Christ Jesus:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him" (Eph.1:3).


What is wondrous - and sheer relief - is that I needn't labor for what is already mine. I merely see my need, confess it, and stand ready to receive His loving provision. This is not formula, but truth! Oh, the toiling and conflict I've suffered before learning deep within that Christ is truly my life.
Amen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Thank you, Milton. There really *is* a joy that rises up when He gives us eyes to see what is already ours in Christ. Thank you for being my brother. I appreciate you.

In His amazing grace,
Vicki

3:16 PM, April 02, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful expression of joy.

6:02 PM, April 02, 2009  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're quite welcome, Vicki. Thank you for your encouraging writing. Peace.

8:57 AM, April 03, 2009  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Glad you think so, Nancy. Peace.

8:58 AM, April 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home