Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tired of tightly turning tracks (and a plea)

One reason I started this blog was to help move myself and others beyond some of the tight intellectual circles of my own tradition of Christian thought. You probably know what I mean: a cramped network of echo-chamber writers who cross-reference each others' ideas in a feedback loop so loud it drowns out any alternative perspective (however faithful) on faith and discipleship. In searching for material to link from this blog, I've come across a number of writers who (while we may disagree on significant points of doctrine) have helped my thinking mature in vital ways.

Increasingly, however, I'm becoming aware that some of these new circles, while fresh and freeing to me in years past, are in reality just as tight, cramped, and deafening as the ones I'd been trying to avoid. I'm always looking for new web sites for good ideas, but I keep finding writers entrenched in one or another of these alternative echo chambers (If those descriptions sound vague, it's by design; I want ideas, not a fight).

So here's my plea: can you recommend any Christian writers I ought to be linking to but am not? I really do want your suggestions. And for what it's worth, I prefer reading works by Christians not on the Superstar Preacher Circuit (those guys usually have their own private circles, and let me tell you: they're all pretty tight).

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have a glance through these aggregators for some ideas and unknowns...

UCCF bloggers - people involved in evangelical student mission all over the place.

Newfrontiers bloggers - people from Newfrontiers churches globally.

2:02 AM, July 16, 2010  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, Dave; I will. Peace.

6:19 AM, July 16, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home