Tuesday, March 08, 2011

On the God who chooses

Royce Ogle writes about human freewill vs. God's sovereign choice and comes down on the side of . . . both:
What am I then. I am a 65-year-old who has studied the Bible for about 50 of those years. I have concluded that I do not have the luxury of cherry picking what parts of the Bible I will believe and accept as God’s truth to me. My place is to believe all of it the best I can with my limited understanding. So I choose to not pick a side, other than God’s.
Amen, brother.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Steve Martin said...

Nice one!

Me too. If I am to err, it will be in favor of the God who asserts His will for sinners.

Not a whimpy god who comes with his hat in his hand like a mendicant at our door, waiting for us to DO something.

That doesn't sound like the God that I know.

11:09 PM, March 13, 2011  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks for the comments, Steve. Peace.

4:04 PM, March 14, 2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

God planned everything before creation so what you see in the world today was planned a long time ago. If your life was planned to be a deceived Christian who would never know God during this age, then that's what he chose for you. You have no choice to be anything different than what he planned for you.

8:14 AM, March 15, 2011  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Well, Brad, thanks for reading and commenting.

10:36 AM, March 21, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home