Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Something new: Transforming Publishing

Please allow me to introduce Transforming Publishing, a new undertaking intended to make new, high-quality Bible studies and commentaries available in both hardcopy and electronic formats. This new work has grown out of an effort to bring together writings by Christian bloggers and make those writings available in book form. All books published by Transforming Publishing will be available for download at no charge, and hardcopies will be sold at low cost as well. It's a truly 21st-century approach to publishing, and I urge you to visit the home page to learn more.

One of the first books we're publishing (and by "we" I mean me and the other authors) is Jeff Weddle's The Gospel-Filled Wallet: What the Bible Really Says About Money. If you visit this weblog often, you know I'm quite an admirer of Jeff's blogging at anti-itch meditation. Please go have a look: Jeff's book is just as sharp-witted and idol-smashing as his blogging. I'm having trouble at the moment with the Amazon account, but you can follow one of the links above and buy the book less expensively directly from the printer. There's also a link for downloading the book free from Google Books.

Please note, too, that I'm still looking for authors, especially bloggers. If you think you might be interested in submitting some of your work for publication, please check out the Call for Authors page. I've been in contact with a few of you already, but please don't make me beg. If you have a manuscript or an idea for a book, I'd be interested in seeing it.

This is something new and audacious for me, and I'm really nervous about this announcement. I'd be most grateful for any input you might have, either at the Transforming Publishing Guestbook or, even better, here in the comments section.

7 Comments:

Blogger julius bungcaras said...

Hi Milton,

Thanks for the info about the resources. This will absolutely help me more build in the gospel and others as well.

Julius

7:24 PM, April 21, 2010  
Blogger Dr. Claude Mariottini said...

Milton,

This is a great project. I wish you success in this venture.

Claude Mariottini

7:38 PM, April 21, 2010  
Anonymous Peter Mead said...

Hi Milton,

This is an exciting project and I hope it will be mightily used by God. I applaud your work and look forward to seeing it progress!

Warmly,

Peter
http://www.cordeo.org.uk

12:45 AM, April 22, 2010  
Blogger Vicki said...

Milton, this is wonderful news! May God bless you through this new venture to provide these resources for us. I'm praying!

12:50 PM, April 22, 2010  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, Julius, Claude, Peter, and Vicki, for visiting, for your kind words. Peace.

3:27 PM, April 23, 2010  
Blogger Matt Redmond said...

Having trouble with links... did jared Wilson's linking to it mess it all up. Figures...

10:19 PM, April 27, 2010  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

I don't know. They all seem to be working on this end. Thanks for visiting, Matt, and please do try again.

10:30 AM, April 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home