Thursday, February 10, 2005

On staying close to the Scriptures

In his new blog, Kevin Barr gives a personal example of why it's important to keep the Scriptures central to our proclamation of Jesus Christ. I'm not familiar with the evangelist he writes about, but the guy's technique sounds right on target:

P. Dino is an amazing guy, and the words he shared were so piercing, and so true, and it was the kind of speaking that you can't sit there and argue in your head saying "well he's just a guy, this is his thought or opinion, he's not necessarily right" every single thing he had to say was lined with The Bible, and he made sure to give scripture reference to pretty much everything he said. So when he said something sharp, and challenging, when he backed it up with The Bible, I was left sitting there thinking "oh", just speechless before God, as these words were breaking me.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, Kevin. I like the beard, too, but right now my wife disagrees. I guess I ought to listen to her! Peace.

3:58 AM, February 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home