Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Review online of "What's the Matter with Preaching Today?"

The Christian Century has posted a review of What's the Matter with Preaching Today? The book is edited by Mike Graves, with contributions from Thomas G. Long, Barbara Brown Taylor, Cleophus J. Larue, Marva J. Dawn, Fred Craddock, David Buttrick, Anna Carter Florence, Eugene L. Lowry, David Bartlett, and Ernest T. Campbell. My favorite line from the CC review: Not brilliance but bravery is called for as preachers publicly wrestle with the overwhelming questions listeners face alone at night.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hi Milton,
This sounds like a good book... maybe I'll tweak the budget a bit (Hard for a Scotsman!), and buy it! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
God bless you and yours,
John

10:41 PM, February 08, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Buying the book would require me to tweak the Stanley budget, too (and I'm only 1/8th Scots!). But I do plan to look for it next time I'm at a theological library. Peace.

5:09 AM, February 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home