Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Preaching with passion, force, and tenderness

Adrian Warnock has a post, rich with the words of Charles Spurgeon, on speaking the truth with tenderness. Here's Spurgeon:

When you preach, speak out straight, but be very tender about it; and if there is an unpleasant thing to be said, take care that you put it in the kindest possible form.

We need to remember both sides of proclaiming the truth: speak tenderly, but still tell the unpleasant truth.

Adrian also has a quote from Spurgeon on preaching the gospel "with passion and force."

2 Comments:

Blogger John Schroeder said...

I miss preaching. I mean I really miss it. I hear a lot of sermons anymore, but very little preaching. Morehere

8:31 PM, February 15, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to reading your post, John.

8:59 AM, February 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home