Saturday, March 26, 2005

It's only logical

In the effort to develop a deeper relationship with God, the writer at Totem to Temple has resolved to avoid spiritual trends:
I have decided that I am on a quest for a right theology and a deeper relationship with God. I have come to the logical conclusion that I can not afford any more Christian megatrends and fads that will come and go. I have come to the logical conclusion that I can not afford any more ‘moves of God’ that appear right but are grossly wrong five years from now. I have come to the logical conclusion that I can not afford to play anymore games that I want to get to the crux of the matter. I can’t afford to waste any more time on these ‘fads’, ‘games’ and ‘moves’. I need to spend my time, resources, devotion, study, and prayer time with God to ensure that I am growing as a mature believer in Christ.
Amen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

WOW!
What a profound insight! That just sat me back on my heels! Great stuff you did it again. My hats off to the writer at Totem to Temple and to you Brother Milton for finding that post. In Him, Rick

7:31 PM, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks for the kind words, Rick. I don't know the name of the author of the original post, but I agree it's good stuff. Peace.

7:53 PM, March 26, 2005  
Blogger John said...

Hi Milton, I totally concurwith Rick! I left a comment on the site of Totem and welcomed him to the Hybridians! :)
GBYAY

8:23 PM, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Glad you met a fellow hybridian, John! Peace.

8:29 PM, March 26, 2005  
Blogger John Schroeder said...

Milt: Marfelous gem -- couldn;t make the link work, but ge=reat pull quote. Futher comment here

8:17 AM, March 28, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

I don't know what's wrong with the link--it works on this end. Anyway, I appreciate your comments, John, both here and on your blog. Peace.

8:36 AM, March 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home