Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tough lessons from the God College

Debra at As I See It Now discusses her discipleship experiences in the "God College." Her first course was "Coming When Called 101," and it wasn't easy:
I've taken lots of courses since then and still have never found an easy one I can recommend to you.

But I will recommend this: Don't try to skip courses or cut class. Don't expect to sail through any course God puts you through in a measly week or two. All changes take time. But you can expect help from Grace. She doesn't hand out cheat sheets, or anything, but she will help you with your homework.
Amen. I for one have wasted too much time looking for shortcuts to discipleship, ways for growing in the faith without going out of my way. One of the valuable themes running through Debra's writings is the realization that spiritual growth comes one step at a time. That's a truth all of us need to remember.

4 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

Thanks again, Milton, for your encouragement. God bless your day... Debra

11:15 AM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, Debra.

12:31 PM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Milton,
Thaks for the great post and link Debra has a great Blog. I really enjoyed reading it. I commented on her Blog and let her know.
Keep up the Good work Brother,
Pastor Rick

11:18 PM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're welcom, Rick. Thanks for visiting!

6:43 AM, April 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home