Thursday, June 09, 2005

The blessings of spiritual poverty

Brad at 21st Century Reformation reflects on the blessings of spiritual poverty. Blessings come to the Christian who admits his or her own poorness of spirit. And that means admitting our own spiritual shortcomings:

In fact, when I see my own sickness, it is so easy to see that the whole world is insane. So many people walk in this sickness, just like I am prone to, but I have a secret. I believe that Jesus can free me and lead me, through His teachings, into a truly happy and heavenly quality of life that is totally free from this sickness.
It's good to remember, particularly if we devote our lives to proclaiming Christ, that God's power "is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor. 12:9). In our weakness before a loving and empowering God, Christians find our own power and new life.

2 Comments:

Blogger brad said...

Milton,
I thank God for your devotion to preaching and to discipleship. I am looking to describe as best I can the heart and life of a follower of Jesus as described in the Sermon on the Mount. Thanks for your support.
brad

12:21 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're quite welcome, Brad. And thank you for sharing your insights into what it really means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. Peace.

9:39 PM, June 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home