Monday, June 27, 2005

Nuts and bolts: Effective PowerPointing

Work Smart offers Five Rules for Better PowerPoint Presentations:

  1. Don't give PowerPoint center stage.
  2. Create a logical flow to your presentation.
  3. Make your presentation readable.
  4. Remember, less is more.
  5. Distribute a handout.

That looks like pretty good advice to me. I don't care much for using PowerPoint in preaching, but in many cases I find it very helpful for teaching, especially if we follow rule number one (Hat tip: Smart Christian blog).

Update: Terry at Pruitt Communications offers his thoughts here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter Bogert said...

I use powerpoint each week, trying to keep it in the background. I have also consistently passed out a notesheet/handout for people to use. Both help provide other gates than the ear for receiving the message. If I could do a scratch and sniff, I'd do that (HA!) These are all good tips. Thanks, Milton!

7:42 AM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Sounds good to me, Peter!

2:19 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger pruittcommunications said...

http://pruittcommunications.blogspot.com/2005/06/transforming-sermons-nuts-and-bolts.html

3:34 PM, June 28, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks for keeping the discussion going, Terry. I've posted a rather lengthy comment at your blog. Peace.

7:18 PM, June 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home