Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Laughing with God

At CoffeeSwirls Doug McHone writes (at the same time) about God's omnipotence and sense of humor. I liked it so much, I'm going to quote liberally from it:
When we look out at nature, we see all kinds of animals that don’t fit into the mold that we think they should be in. Giraffes, penguins, platypuses and others just don’t make sense to us, and that’s great! You see, if humans were to design and create different species, we would end up with a pretty boring world. If you don’t believe me, just look at the cars we have designed in the last decade. And after you get a picture of a normal car in your mind, picture a jelly bean with wheels!

God designed this world in which we live to express His glory to us. We are to enjoy His creation as we worship the creator. He doesn’t make mistakes and every unusual creature has a place. This includes you and me as well. I don’t always feel that I fit in with others, but with the knowledge that God has created me for a purpose comforts me. I may not be a lion, tiger or bear (oh my!), but my giraffeness shines through as I fill the role that God intends for me.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home