Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Pray

I've found so many good thoughts to write about that I planned to do more than my ususual two posts per day for a while. And I woke up early enough this morning to have time for plenty of posting. But lately I've been spending way too much time on the computer and far too little time in prayer.

This blog was created to help Christians, especially preachers, yield ourselves to the transforming power of God's Word. Today, rather than filling your screen with more words or offering links to yet more web pages, I urge you: simply go to the source and pray.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

I'm just really thankful for your heart before the Lord, and for your servant attitude. Your blog is always an encouragement to me. Pray for me as I switch gears with my own blog, or start a new one.

Thanks and God bless your life and ministry.

1:18 PM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

I will pray for you and Windows to My Soul (and your daughter's wedding, too!). Peace.

2:07 PM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger Buzz Trexler said...

This brings to mine the words of Van Havner, a North Carolinian that some called "The Dean of America's Revival Preachers": "The devil will let a preacher prepare a sermon if it will keep him from preparing himself." I saw this quote and printed it out, laying it next to my computer.

Unfortunately, it has long since been covered up with the "stuff of preparation."

Thanks, Milton, for reminding me where the true preparation takes place!

Grace and peace,
buzz

4:40 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're quite welcome, Buzz. And thanks be to God who reaches out to ragamuffins like you and me.

9:39 AM, October 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home